I'm officially the most lack luster blogger ever!
Anyway, I'm heading out to W.Va this Saturday and will be there for two weeks for my immersion program. I'm getting really excited. I'm going to be working with a few other students and a primary care office who is looking to become a patient centered medical home. I think medical homes are the greatest idea ever and think that all primary care offices should function in this way. Hopefully it's an idea that will spread south. Of course, they're already in other parts of the U.S. Here's a great NPR article about medical homes: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129432707
If you get a chance, check out this two minute video video: http://www.spike.com/video-clips/1fspxz/coal-the-dangers-of-coal-mining (Sorry that my links never work- can't figure out why)
I think these are the accents we'll encounter. I've laughed and told everyone I'll be the interpreter as I'm the only southern student in our group ;-) We're using this clip in a presentation we're giving tomorrow about the mental health issues associated with mining in W. Va.
Looking forward to having a great two weeks, but I know I'll miss Justin so much! We're going to have a date night Friday before I leave!
~BKL
Don't Look Down!
6 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like you'll be learning a lot!
Good luck!! I know it will be a great experience. I'll have to check out that article, that sounds very interesting!
Post a Comment