Not only is this our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife, it's our first Thanksgiving cooking a Turkey Day meal!
Tomorrow evening, our grandparents, parents, and siblings (and their SOs!) are coming over for Thanksgiving. I'm really excited! I think it will be fun to have everyone in our home all at once. Thanksgiving is about family, and it makes me so happy to think of our families together enjoying each other and good food!
Justin is in charge of the turkey, dressing, and gravy. Our moms are doing the sides - sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Justin's grandmother is doing her yummy mac and cheese and my grandmothers are doing sweet tea and a dessert. And where does that leave me? Laughing and pointing my finger at everyone else?
I wish! I'm in doing a dessert too. I hope it turns out yummy. It's a pumpkin gingerbread trifle, recipe compliments of Paula Dean. We shall see...
I'm also in charge of cleaning, which I need to be doing NOW.
I'll post photos soon!
~BK
Don't Look Down!
6 years ago

3 comments:
I've wanted to try that recipe myself. Can't wait to hear how it turns out, I'm sure everything will be great! Have fun!!!
Bliss you guys are precious. We have yet to cook a turkey as husband and wife.... Maybe next year.
I know it will be great! Have fun.
Post a Comment