BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 5, 2008

Who are you standing up for?

Stand Up To Cancer, is in my opinion, one of the most wonderful current non-profit organizations around. I've been a supporter since I first heard about it. As you know, I lost both of my grandfathers to cancer. I also have a huge history of cancer in my extended family. I also don't want others to suffer in the ways my loved ones have. Therefore, I'd like to get the word out about this noble cause. We're on the brink of the cure to so many types of cancer.

Let me let Katie Couric introduce it to you:




This broadcast took place tonight. It was AMAZING!!!! However, it's still not too late to be a part of this organization.

If you aren't familiar with SU2C, you can get some more detailed info on their website: http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/index.php


You can learn all about the mission, where the money goes, how you can help, ect.

They will continue to take donations for a week to tally into their telethon total, but I'm sure you can always donate.

A good video:



Remember...


Take matters into your own hands. You don't have to HAVE cancer to fight it. You could be fighting for your future. 1 in 2 men will get cancer. 1 in 3 women will get cancer. It finds its way to everyone. Let's stand up to it and put an end to it.


Stand up for someone today. Whether it be yourself, a loved one, a stranger, or future cancer patients who could be any of the above.


Stand up and give, no donation is too small.
Dimes sponsored research that found a vaccination that cured polio, and don't they say history repeats itself?

I ask you,



~Bliss

0 comments: