BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Engagement Party

Last Saturday night, three of our friends who we met in Australia hosted an engagement party for us! It was so much fun!!!

Friday afternoon we got a phone call from one of the hostesses saying she had a surprise for us. I figured it out before it was actually revealed, but we couldn't of been happier!!!!

This was our surprise:



Our friend Mimi (who we met on our trip to Australia) came all the way from Valdosta to celebrate with us!!!!!!!! I literally squealed when I saw her!!! It's been almost a year since we've saw her.

We went to see the Diamond Dogs play and then out to eat Friday night!



Saturday we all went to lunch at Weaver D's. It's a really good soul food restaurant. We also got to meet Mimi's mom who came with her for the weekend (she visited family who live in Athens). She was so sweet!

Saturday afternoon, Justin and I, went back to the baseball field to see the second game in the series. I just love baseball and it was the perfect day for it. We helped set the record for the largest crowd ever that day!

Then it was a mad dash to grab supper and get ready for the party. Here's some photos from the party:


This is our special guest and our hostesses and host (Mimi, Laura Ann, Steven, and Cameron)


Us

Some decor:





Some Guests:


Jenny (Maid of Honor), Me, and Lauren (Bridesmaid)


Australia Friends


Us with Micah and Adam (Justin's brother and groomsmen)


Us with Dillon (my cousin, also a groomsmen)


Justin, Justin (Justin's best man- try that for confusing!), and Justin's friend Mike


We're so thankful to these great people for doing this for us! It was so much fun!!!

We wrapped up the great weekend by having a group breakfast on Sunday morning. That gave us a little extra time to spend with Mimi!

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend. Now I'm paying for it this week with all this school work, Ha!

150 days till we say I do!

~BK

7 comments:

Robyn Beele said...

That was so sweet of them! I love the drinks in the wheelbarrow!

Meg said...

Love the decor, sound like you had a great time and some great company!!!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Congrats again

Kim P said...

Looks like fun! Hope the wedding plans are falling into place!

Madison Sanders said...

That was incredibly sweet of your friends that you met in an Austrailia to come down for your engagment party!

Looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

How nice it looks like ya'll had a good time.

tam7777 said...

What a sweet thing to do it is great to have friends who will honor you this way. All the pictures are great.