This weekend has been busy busy.
Friday we had our first visitors at our new place! My mom and grandmother came out for a visit (due to Saturday's events). We ate at the Olive Garden (yummy) and rented Dear John. It was good, but I like the book better, partly because it accurately portrays melanoma unlike the movie who changed it to lymphoma and I felt like the book was more realistic, but the movie ending was a happy one which is always good! Justin tried to hook up our internet while we watched our chick flick but had no luck. I am dying without it. We have to figure it out by tomorrow, especially considering that we are paying for it already.
Saturday, we did the Skin Cancer Awareness Network's annual Save Our Skin 5K in memory of my Papa. It was a lot of fun. My grandmother placed second in her age group! She is 74 and was in the 70-98 category which cracked us up. She improved her time from 56 minutes last year to 53 this year and was pumped. She walks four miles everyday but not at such a fast pace. I hope I'm in that good of shape when I'm her age. Justin did great, and ran the 5K in 22 minutes! Here are some photos:
Afterwards, we headed back to Hartwell. On the way back, I was fitted for my bridesmaid dress for J's wedding. It's so classy and the color is gorgeous!
I read all the way home and continued when I got home for a couple of hours. Then we headed to one of my friend's weddings. I love weddings! I saw so many of my classmates that I haven't saw in forever!
Sunday and Monday ended up being study days. I wanted to get some lake time in, but that didn't happen thanks to the weather which actually was a blessing. I have a final for my health assessment class this Friday. This is a class that my school usually teaches in a semester and we've done it in three weeks. That's 22 chapters in three weeks. I'm a bit freaked. I've made a study guide that is THIRTY pages long. Eeeeek.
Anyway, it's back to ATL in a couple of hours to get geared up for a super busy (and most likely stressful) week.
Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!
~BKL
Don't Look Down!
6 years ago

1 comments:
I've been dying to see that movie. I've just added it to our Netflix queue, so hopefully it will be here soon. I hate when books are better than the movie though, although that seems to be how it is 99.9% of the time. Ha!
Post a Comment