BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 13, 2008

So I lied (check out why --- it's GOOD!)

I said I wouldn't be back until Tuesday, but I just had to share this news with my blogging gals!

I'm engaged!!!!!!!!!!

After six years of dating, we are thrilled!!!

Quick scenario:

Last night Justin told me he was working this morning (he often works on Saturdays for some OT money if there is work available) and I responded that I would be getting up around 8 to study. So this morning he leaves for work like usual (around 5:30) and calls me when he "gets there." I go back to sleep like always and wake up around 8.

As an important sidenote, my dog sleeps in my room and when my dad leaves for work he comes and opens my door and Jackson goes with my dad to get walked. So when daddy got him this morning he said "be sure to check on Jackson when you get up" (this is about 7:45). Fifteen minutes later I get up and see a note on the table that says "BK, check on Jackson. Love, Dad" I go to my mom's room to complain that he's told me twice to check on Jackson when I always do first thing in the morning. She brushed it off and told me to go see if he ate.

Another important sidenote- Jackson will not eat if someone is in the room.

I get to the basement and Jackson is eating. Beside his bowl is a single red rose and a card (sweetest thing ever!). I read the card and inside it, it said PS. "Don't be startled when you turn around :-) ."

I turned around and no one was there. I said "Hmmmmm" (which Justin says was hilarious). I told Jackson I better get back upstairs before I ruin a surprise. I put the card back down and then picked it up and read it one more time. When I stood up to go, there he was down on one knee and well the rest is history.

He chose to do it where he did because it was the first place he told me he loved me. I can honestly say his proposal was just what I wanted. No one around, just us, low key, me having NO clue, and just everything.

Ahhhh! We have a wedding to plan!

How will I ever bring myself to study ;-)

~BK

8 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! So sweet. Good luck studying (if you will be able to)!!! LOVE YOU!!!! And if you need any wedding plan tips, just call!!!

Kim P said...

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! I told Jamie to take plenty of pics of the ring. And you know, you could upload one too. ;) Can't wait for the wedding!

Jamie said...

Sooooooooooooo sweet!

Like I said, now I'm glad we actually have a reason to be browsing wedding mags in Barnes and Noble while sipping on some Starbuck's. Except maybe we can actually buy some this time...haha.

Unknown said...

How sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

christycarter said...

Congrats!!! Good luck on all the wedding planning.

Robyn Beele said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!! Congrats

Meg said...

Talk about teary eyes and chills!! How sweet! Congratulations!!!!! I remember that cloud 9 feeling after getting engaged. You're right, studying will be hard. :) But for a great reason. I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear all about the wedding planning!

Julie said...

Yippee!! I know you two are so excited. Can't wait to hear all about the big day. E-mail me so I can give you permission to see my blog. Julie jtlsanders@Yahoo.com