I thought I'd sum up each day of my vacation. We have internet access in the room which is so nice! I realize I don't have that many readers, but this serves as a journal for me, so I'm going to try and keep it up!
We left our house around 7:30AM. It's always hard to say goodbye to my dog.
We stopped for breakfast at Chicfilia in Commerce, then for gas, and then for lunch at Subway. I slept some, but not much. I finished my book. I was reading gods in Alabama. I've started Sundays at Tiffany's and it's so good. I've already read 245 pages!
Then seven short hours later, thanks to Justin and Susie (the name we've affectionately given our Garmin), and the good Lord, we arrived safely.
I must admit every time my mom or dad's cell phone rang, my heart dropped, thinking we'd be having to turn around and head back home.
We unpacked and went to the grocery store to stock up (and I bought another book!). We have a tradition of going to a church service while we're on vacation. We went to 5:30 mass tonight and it was no disappointment. We felt like the homily was directed towards us. He talked about how Peter doubted Jesus when Jesus was walking on water and told Peter to come. "Oh ye of little faith..." We decided to trust in God that things would be okay back home while we're away and just enjoy.
Afterwards we ate at the Shrimp Basket, a local favorite. My blackened shrimp, hush puppies, fries, and slaw were soooooo good (and probably so NOT healthy!). Then we went for a walk on the beach. It felt so good to put my feet in the sand and the ocean. It always has a calming effect on me and I'm always in awe of the beauty of the beach. I couldn't help but thank and praise God instantly. For all of his creations, for this time with my family and Justin, for Ma, for the many blessings in my life.
There was also a small wedding on the beach. So sweet.
I just had a snack and we're watching the little league world series. It's only 9:30 here, but I'm exhausted.
Day 1: Major success!
~BK
Oh and Ma had a good day. Not much eating, but very alert!
AND, wasn't that sad about Bernie Mac! He was my dad's age!!! Scary...
Don't Look Down!
6 years ago

1 comments:
It sounds like you are having a great vacation!
Post a Comment