BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An Unimaginable Homecoming...

Ma Bailey (my 103 year old great-grandmother) went to Heaven this morning around 3AM.

She's waited to see her husband (who was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver) for over 60 years. She has a daughter, several siblings, parents, grandparents, and countless friends, and of course my Papa who was like her son. Can you imagine how Heaven greeted her?

My heart is crushed. This woman taught me so much about life including how to get back up when you've been knocked flat on your face. She showed me what true love is and how to be a wonderful mother and friend. She'll continue to live inside of me, but my world will never be the same.

I keep thinking that she finally has new knees and that makes me smile. As she told me once "If I knew God was going to let me live this long, I'd of got knee replacements at 92." Well now she can dance down the streets of gold.

Natalie Grant's In Better Hand's Now

May I be 1/100th of the person she was.






~Bliss

Edit: I decided to add this slide show. I've just removed most of my photos off of my computer to an external hard drive so I didn't have a whole lot to put on here. I have TONS though. Maybe I can add some more later.

3 comments:

Amy said...

what a sweet post. She will be with you forever Bliss. Everytime you do something you will see her in it. I know!!!! Just look towards heaven for comfort!!! Let me know if you need anything. I love you!!!

Meg said...

What a beautiful post, I am so sorry for your loss. She's in a much better and happier place. May God bring you peace through this difficult time.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. But you are right she so much better off now. What a great post!